Usually, I make decisions out of self-interests and being selfish comes pretty natural. I do my best to be in control of situations and relationships in my life so I don't get surprised or hurt. Then, occassionally, I feel myself start to slip and lose control, I start to get attached, that's usually where I get burned. Hence this blog.
You told me everything I wanted to hear
but I made sure my head was clear,
until one night, falling asleep to your voice
forced me to make a choice
and I told you it was you I chose
knowing the cost and everything that had to go.
Life begins and there are no more sweet nothings,
no more desperate longing
Until one exciting day a phonecall is made
With news that this would not stay
But you still miss me,
still me in your dreams
Tell me what am I supposed to feel?
I gave in to what you said was real
Now that's changed.
It's unfair and strange
That as his fingers caress my skin
Your face is all I miss
and when I open my eyes speechless
I realize you're the one I want.
Monday, September 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment